[Snort-users] Barnyard questions

Jason Lewis jlewis at ...2449...
Tue Nov 13 21:28:02 EST 2001

If I HUP snort, do I need to restart barnyard?

I am seeing inconsistent behavior, snort continues to log to the spool file,
but barnyard doesn't seem to be reading from them. Barnyard continues to
run, but there are no connections to the database.  If I kill barnyard and
start it back up, everything is ok.

I thought maybe it was related to HUP'ing snort....

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.