[Snort-users] Professionalism

Abe L. Getchell abegetchell at ...530...
Tue Nov 13 20:26:02 EST 2001

Hi Robert,

> However, given that Snort was rated third in a test of the
> top ten IDS systems (the other 9 were all commercial and none
> of this takes into account the additional features added in
> 1.8.x), and that costs are minimal to implement compared to a

You know, I've heard rumors that the next IDS comparison test isn't
going so well for Snort.  I understand that some of the engineers doing
the testing weren't impressed by Marty's comments about 'underwear
gnomes' in a recent CVS commit, so they bumped it too last... ;-)

Thanks,
Abe

--
Abe L. Getchell