[Snort-users] Professionalism

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...3909...
Tue Nov 13 10:31:02 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 09:54:31AM -0800, Joe Smith wrote:

> config classification: kickass-porn,SCORE! Get the
> lotion!,1
>
> Regardless of your feelings towards porn, this is
> beyond unprofessional.  It is this kind of needless
> stupidity that makes it that much harder for real
> professionals and those they report to to take snort
> seriously.  I can tell you that, while I'm not female
> and am not personally offended by these remarks, I am
> professionally offended, and I've worked in
> environments in which comments as "SCORE! Get the
> lotion!" would be responded to with immediate
> dismissal.

The freedom of OpenSource allows you to adjust the message to your puritan
standards. Isn't that great?

Have you tried "grep"-ing Windows for obscene words? Yes? You have too much
time.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155
                                            Fax.  +49 (0)30-450 570-916