[Snort-users] Good Gbit card for Snorting?

Bob Walder bwalder at ...3902...
Tue Nov 13 00:39:03 EST 2001

Abe,

You get to see this twice since I forgot to cc the list the first time....
d'oh!

No plans to do this at present, since we have pretty much settled on FreeBSD
as our reference platform. The plan is to build a complete box, optimised as
far as possible in every respect, as a sort of "proof of concept" to see how
fast Snort can go on a platform made up of freely available components.

Regards,

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Abe L.
Getchell
Sent: 13 November 2001 01:25
To: Bob Walder
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Good Gbit card for Snorting?

Hi Bob,

Any plans to benchmark the Gbit sensor on the same hardware running
different OS's?  It would be nice to see how the multiple x86 OS's Snort
runs on would perform using the same hardware under the same conditions
at Gbit speeds.  Regardless, can't wait to see the results.  Please do
post a note to the list when you're done as I'm sure many of us here are
eager.

Thanks,
Abe

--