[Snort-users] version 1.8.2

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Mon Nov 12 08:00:02 EST 2001

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Chen, Shun Le wrote:

> I've upgraded my Snort installation on a Solaris 8/Sparc box from 1.8.1 to
> 1.8.2. The new version shuts down itself with no reason after several hours
> running. Any clue?

None.  I'm running 1.8.2b87 just fine on Solaris 7 with no problems.  Runs for
weeks at a time....

What's your command line?  Have you tried to run it under gdb?  Are you
getting any core files?  Might want to truss is while running and dump the
truss ouput to a file, if you have enough disk for that.  :)

Sorry I can't be of more help.

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy