[Snort-users] Good Gbit card for Snorting?

Phil Wood cpw at ...440...
Sun Nov 11 19:04:03 EST 2001

I'm using the optical 3com one.  But, another sot like myself in this business,
has tested a few, and thinks the Intel might do a little better.  But, he said
if it's working for "you" (that would be me), then don't bother switching
yet.

What kind of gige rates are you talking?  I think they will all fold at some
point less than a gig.  No problem at .2 gig.  I could go through my
archives and try and find some commentary, but I got to put in a concrete
slab tomorrow, and I'm about ready to drop from operating an idiot stick
all day!

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 03:50:18PM -0500, Abe L. Getchell wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Has anyone run into a particular Gbit card which has worked well for
> them under Linux for Snorting?  I've searched on Google, as well as
> other resources, and can't really come up with anything except people
> sharing their bad experiences doing so. =)  I tend to lean towards
> Intel, as I've had good experiences in the past with their 10/100 cards,
> but I thought I'd check with ya'll to see what the collective community
> opinion was.
>
> Thanks,
> Abe
>
> --