[Snort-users] Graph alert data problem

Dan McIntosh d.mcintosh at ...3338...
Sun Nov 11 18:49:01 EST 2001

I just updated to the latest build - I still can't get it to generate a
graph!  With the latest version, if I don't select an Alert group, it says
it will use the entire data set.  I don't get any errors -- or graph.  On
Netscape and IE there is a graphic icon in the place of the graph.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Wood [mailto:cpw at ...440...]
Sent: 11 November 2001 9:40 PM
To: Dan McIntosh
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Graph alert data problem

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 03:35:46PM -0500, Dan McIntosh wrote:
> I added an Alert Group and populated it with alerts (80).  I still can't
> seem to get a graph to be generated.

Go to AG Maintenance and verify that you have "80" alerts in the data
source.
Go to Graph Alert DAta

Select a chart type (try time(hour) vs Number of alerts)
Select Chart Period 7 (aweek)
Select Graph type line
Select Data source (what ever your data source is (mine was [1] icmp
packets)
Punch Graph Alerts

> Anyone?
>

>  ..Dan