[Snort-users] Good Gbit card for Snorting?

Tim Sailer sailer at ...2968...
Sun Nov 11 14:34:01 EST 2001

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 05:07:43PM -0500, Jason Lewis wrote:
> Could you share what the specs are on the box you are using?  Maybe average
> traffic and load on the box?
>
> I am looking at building a couple of gig sensors and it would be nice to
> hear what others are doing.  Thanks much.

pIII Coppermine, 700 Mhz, 512 RAM, SCSI3 subsystem, Intel 100 for the inside
interface, Intel 1000 for the sensor probe. We have an OC-3 and T-3 for
net connections, and we have been hitting an average of 150Mbps lately.
Peak goes above that and snort performs great.

Tim

--
Tim Sailer <sailer at ...2968...>
Manager, Cyber Security Operations