[Snort-users] snort classification.config

Sonika Malhotra sonikam at ...4044...
Thu Nov 8 21:44:02 EST 2001

Hello List,
        I have installed snort and am going through the configurations.
 The classification.config file has different class-types and their  priorities.
 I want to know more in this direction.How do i define a class-type and  its priority,
 can i customize this, so that i am able to classify attacks in  high,medium,low categories.
 and also i want to b e-mailed if a high-priority risk attack is found.(i  donot need an e-mail for all low/medium risks).Any pointers?

 regards:
 sm