[Snort-users] Managing ACID Archive DB?

Ryan Hill rhill at ...2446...
Thu Nov 8 12:06:57 EST 2001

All,

In my infinite desire to manage the heck out of my alert db's in ACID, I
wanted to setup an ACID console that would point to the archive DB instead
of the active alert DB.  I figured this should be simple enough - I created
a new dir on apache called acid_archive under the web root, and then
modified the acid_conf.php to point to the archive db instead of the alert
db.  Everything seemed to come up ok, except that in the alerts section, all
of the external link references are broken i.e. instead of a link to [CVE]
or [bugtraq], the output simply displays [] brackets.  I checked the conf
file again and the documentation on the ACID website to make sure I haven't
missed anything glaring - can anyone offer assistance?  Roman, are you
lurking about?

Using ACID b17 on PHP 4.0.6 w/ MySQL 3.23.42 and Snort 1.8.1 on RH 7.1

Thanks in advance,

Ryan