[Snort-users] Unknown rule type

pmawson at ...3995... pmawson at ...3995...
Wed Nov 7 20:50:02 EST 2001

Hi all

Just performed an upgrade from snort 1.8.1 to 1.8.2 using the win32 binary
with mysql support provided by Silicon Defence (Thanks guys)
When I run it I get the following error

database:     sensor id = 1
database: schema version = 104
database: using the "log" facility
ERROR line C:\Snort\Snort.conf (462) => Unknown rule type:
C:\snort\rules\exploit.rules
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Looks like your standard spelling mistake in the path to the rules file but
I have checked this again and again and the path is correct.
Does anyone else know of another dependency that I may be missing?

Thanks

Phill

CAUTION:  This e-mail and any attachment(s) contains
information that is both confidential and possibly legally
privileged.  No reader may make any use of its content
unless that use is approved by Deloitte separately in writing.
Any opinion, advice or information contained in this e-mail
and any attachment(s) is to be treated as interim and
provisional only and for the strictly limited purpose of the
recipient as communicated to us.  Neither the recipient nor
any other person should act upon it without our separate
written authorisation of reliance.
If you have received this message in error please notify us
immediately and destroy this message.  Thank you.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Internet: www.deloitte.co.nz