[Snort-users] Mysql using SSL & snort

Sean Wheeler S.Wheeler at ...2876...
Wed Nov 7 03:26:02 EST 2001

Greetings,

MySQL SSL capability :
I have been doing a little reading and getting familiar with MySQL 4.x
inparticular the robustness and failover facilites it features.
All that aside one feature presently available in 3.x is the SSL encrypted
traffic capability which is included in MySQL4.x

Snort SSL capability :
Presently is seems www.incident.org ( the database plug-in) is not
available, so getting dirty in their docs is not presently possible, unless
you could point me to an archive of theirs ?

Although I have noticed during compling snort with mysql support the
following
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/usr/include/pcap  -I/usr/include/mysql -D
ENABLE_MYSQL -DENABLE_SSL  ..etc

So it seems that SSL encryption is supported within the binary during
compilation. As to which connectivity options that applies I do not know.

Is there anyone doing snort-SSL <---> SSL-MySQL out there that could spare
directions to knowledge out there ?

If you have found more info than just yes it is supported, I would greatly
appreciate a pointer.

regards
Sean