[Snort-users] Barnyard and ACID question

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...950...
Tue Nov 6 22:18:02 EST 2001

Steve Halligan wrote:

> I am having this problem also.  OpenBSD 2.9-release here.  Barnyard from CVS
> today.  snort-unified-logfile is attached.
> I also noticed that sometimes (although not in this logfile, I believe)  the
> ordering of the source ip address backwards also a.b.c.d becomes d.c.b.a.
> The dest ip is unaffected.

I have fixed the problem with byteswapped port numbers in the db output
plugin.  The new code is in CVS.  It was a case where I was converting a
number that had already been converted.  As for reversed IP addresses, I
would be interested in seeing the log file where this happens.  I
checked all of the places where the src IP is inserted and they all look
okay.

-A