[Snort-users] Acid -> remote system

Olaf Schreck chakl at ...931...
Tue Nov 6 14:47:02 EST 2001

Lance,

> I'm attempting to build and use Snort+Acid, however
> acid is on a different remote system.  When I attempt
> to build snort, do I have to still compile it with the
> mysql option?

yes

> Does this mean that when I do the build, on the build
> system mysql has to be installed so the build can find
> all the headers, even though Acid is on a different
> system?

Installing the mysql header files and the mysqlclient library files should
suffice.  You can copy them from a similar Solaris box.

> I've got a feeling the answer to this is yes, just
> want to make sure.  And if so, will the following
> from www.sunfreeware.com work on Solaris8 Sparc?
>
>    mysql-3.22.26a-sol8-sparc-local.gz

No, there were some problems with ACID and mysql < v3.23.x.  Sorry, I don't
remember the details.  You can download recent MySQL Solaris binaries from
www.mysql.com.

ciao,
chakl

nice book!