[Snort-users] Wrappers

JPP jpp at ...1565...
Tue Nov 6 14:05:04 EST 2001

Well

Consensus seems to be to add sshd to inetd.conf (which I did not do)
The reason I even tried in the first place was that I had read somewhere
that xinetd and SSH did not play well together.
So, all I did was copy the inetd app from the older RH machine to the
newer ones, and added the sshd: lines to the hosts. files and fired up
inetd
No additions to the inetd.conf file and just used the SSH right out of
the RPM (though I did rebuild one or 2 when some of the exploits for SSH
were announced - but nothing special aside from MAYBE wrapper support).

I will look into exactly what I added and did not add, but I know I did
not add anything to inetd.conf nor to xinetd.conf (they both work well
together and apart, btw).

Will post what I  find out for ya'all.

JPP