[Snort-users] Problems Logging to database

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Tue Nov 6 07:47:01 EST 2001

"Dan McIntosh" <d.mcintosh at ...3338...> writes:

> I can't seem to get Snort log to a database (Snort 1.8.2, RedHat 7.2).
>
> Is there some way to confirm that the database plug-in is installed
> correctly?
>
> Here is the command from init.d:
>
>    case "$1" in
>    start)
>    echo -n "Starting snort: "
>    cd /var/log/snort
>  > daemon /usr/sbin/snort-mysql -b -A fast -d -D \
>  > -i $INTERFACE -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Remove -b and -A fast from the command line.  If you run it
interactively ( without the -D flag ) you should see something about
command line parameters overriding configuration file

Hrm I should change the init script to rely only on the config file
and not specify any logging options on the actual snort config line.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.