[Snort-users] Re: +AFs-Snort-users+AF0- Re: Core on FreeBSD

Brian bmc at ...950...
Mon Nov 5 13:46:07 EST 2001

According to Martin Roesch:
> > +ACM- tcp stream reassembly directive
> > +ACM- no arguments loads the default configuration (clientonly, ports
> > default,
> > +ACM- alerts on)
>
> "Ports default" is working fine here, although it is somewhat redundant
> (since they're the default ports...)

What I think he ment was : This is what snort.conf says.

# no arguments loads the default configuration (clientonly, ports
# default, alerts on)

I've changed the snort.conf to be a bit more like english.

# no arguments loads the default configuration
#   Only reassemble the client,
#   Only reassemble the default list of ports (See below),
#   Give alerts for "bad" streams

-brian