[Snort-users] Detecting traffic from a Nic without an IP address

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Mon Nov 5 13:44:03 EST 2001

"Snort Mailinglist" <snort_list at ...125...> writes:

> Sorry about that, I should have been more specific.  I am running
> snort on Redhat 7.1.  I am not sure how to detect a link from the NIC
> itself within linux.

Don't assign it an address in the first place and just bring the
interface up.

3.2 --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq--

Q: How do I run snort on an interface with no IP address? A: ifconfig ethN up

eg:

ifconfig eth2 up
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>