[Snort-users] AW: (Snort-users) question

sandro.poppi at ...3316... sandro.poppi at ...3316...
Fri Nov 2 00:00:03 EST 2001

>     Is it possible to have snort ( 1.8.1-RELEASE ) running in
> promiscuous mode in more than one interface ??? Ommiting the -i
> interface seems to make snort getting the first available
> interface and
> using it in promiscuous mode.

I created a snort initscript where you can handle this behaviour resulting in
one snort process running for each given interface. Take a look on my Snort
Statistics HOWTO at http://www.lug-burghausen.org/projects/index.htm#snort-stat.
If you want to use snort with all interfaces of your snort box try using -i any,
this requires an actual version of libpcap.

HTH,
Sandro