[Snort-users] snort_stat.pl

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Thu Nov 1 12:13:15 EST 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, snortlst snortlst wrote:

> I use snort_stat.pl at this time to pars alert file.I have 2 machines with
> identical setup.
> On the first machine snort_stat.pl works fine
> On the second machine it works fine either but doesn't display 'The log
> begins at' & 'The log ens at'.
> Lines look like this:
> The log begins at:   ::
> The log ends at:     ::
>
> On the 'good'machine the lines look like this:
> The log begins at:   10:00
> The log ends at:     11:00
>
> Any ideas why this happens?

Nope.

This also happens to me.  I'm running 1.7 and 1.8.1 (85) on the same box.
Current version of snort_stat.pl works fine on 1.7.   As soon as I try to send
it my newer logs (from 1.8.1) it gives the same output.  I've written Yen Ming
about it, but the feature seems to be well hidden.  :)

Anyone else?

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy