[Snort-users] HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET variables

Tim Kramer kramert at ...3975...
Thu Nov 1 11:41:13 EST 2001

I'm a total newbie at this also but, in reading the docs, would
take a wild guess and suggest putting your networks in brackets
such as [192.168.2.0/24,10.0.0.0/3,172.9.3.0/8] when defining
$HOME_NET.  You can then use the variable in your rules as in

alert tcp any any -> $HOME_NET 25 (.........

when watching for mail coming into you networks.

- Tim