[Snort-users] Re: Acid/MySQL setup

Alex Rodrigues alex at ...3156...
Thu Nov 1 08:58:03 EST 2001

You must use acid user, not root user in acid config file.
Alex, Brasil

----- Original Message -----
From: <dan.forthun at ...2897...>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 1:16 PM
Subject: [Snort-users] Acid/MySQL setup

Running into a problem getting acid running.  I get this error;

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root at ...274...' (Using password: YES) in
/var/apache/htdocs/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 113
localhost

Database server setup
mysql 3.23.40
acid 0.9.6b13
php 4.0.6
solaris 8
using apache that comes with solaris 8 distribution.

Running a couple of sensors that are writing to the database ok.

I can't find the relevant doco to setup Acid and have been trying to feel my
way around.  Any pointers would be appreciated( to doco or otherwise).