[Snort-users] Re: [Snort-devel] Snort 1.8-RELEASE (Build 43) - Segmentation fault

Tomi Tuominen Tomi.Tuominen at ...2940...
Thu Nov 1 00:30:01 EST 2001

Hello,

Martin Roesch wrote:

> Ok.  Can you get us a backtrace?

I just noticed that my settings for ulimit were such that they did not
allow core files :(

I have now changed the settings and I will send you the backtrace as
soon as I get the core dump.

> I'd be interested to hear if upgrading to kernel 2.4.10+ makes the

> problem go away too, I was reading today about how the VM in Linux

> up to 2.4.9 had some serious problems.

I can test that as well after I have the backtrace ready.

Cheers,

--T