[Snort-users] snort attacks

Ryan Russell ryan at ...35...
Tue May 29 18:46:53 EDT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Steve Moran wrote:

> Where can I find a description of the attacks or the exploit someone is
> trying to use?  For example, if I see this type of attack is occurring
> x86 NOOP - unicode BUFFER OVERFLOW ATTACK
>
> How would I know what they are trying for?

ARIS users have access to this sort of information, indirectly.  Sign up,
submit your logs, and when you view the description for a particular
attack, there's a description of what is being tried, and links to the
Bugtraq ID, which has example exploits, patches, etc..  ARIS Analyzer is
free.

http://aris.securityfocus.com

					Ryan