[Snort-users] snort on OS/390?

Mike Grundy grundym at ...2135...
Tue May 29 13:21:21 EDT 2001

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 10:32:09AM -0500, Williams Jon wrote:
> successfully gotten snort running on IBM's Unix systems on OS/390?

This may or may not be helpful, but that hasn't stopped me yet :)

I can't speak towards Snort on USS, but I can say that libpcap does
work on Linux on the zSeries (S/390). Snort will build (just update
the config.guess and config.sub files), but I haven't had time to
see if it works :(

This, of course, brings up issues on how to configure the environment
in a useful manner. Since you specifically asked about USS, I'm not
sure that of my *theories* about snort usage on a zServer would apply
to your situation.

Mike