[Snort-users] Some assistance with Snort?

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...381...
Mon May 28 21:22:16 EDT 2001

The FAQ that comes with snort might be another place to look too. :-)

cheers,
--dr

On Sun, 27 May 2001, steve wrote:
> Thanks for your help!
> Problem is now solved after scouring the internet for snort installation and
> information I was able to finally find some help at www.securityfocus.com .
> Check it out! Has two good articles about snort insulation and usage for a
> snortnewbie like myself.
>
> Steve N
>
> ***********************Originally Wrote***************************
> Some assistance with Snort?
>
> I have downloaded snort, but when I start with
>  "/ect/rc.d/init.d/snort start"
> I get: No such file or directory snort.
>
> When I check to see if it started correctly with
> "/ect/rc.d/init.d/snort status"
> I get: snort dead but subsys locked
>
> What should I do? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks:
> Steve N.

Dragos Ruiu <dr at ...50...>   dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
gpg/pgp key on file at wwwkeys.pgp.net or at http://dursec.com/drkey.asc