[Snort-users] Docs for snort-1.8

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Mon May 28 01:22:50 EDT 2001

You can't yet.  Generally the way Snort gets written and releases are
made goes like this:

1) Dev guys code for months
2) Users debug/test for weeks
3) Marty writes all the goddamn documentation updates in a few days and
pushes the release out the door
4) Marty crawls into a hole for a few weeks until he feels like he can
face doing it all over again

We're in stage 2 right now.  We've been held up by my schedule for the
past month or so (3 conferences in 3 weeks, busy with work) so the
"release schedule" (such as it is) has been slipping like a greased pig
on an icefloe for this entire month.  This week is go-time though, so
I'm tenatively hoping to get a release out in the next 7 days or so.

     -Marty

Sid wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since 1.8-beta5 (Build 24) seems to run okay now, i would like to take it to
> production. So where can i get a list of new features added since 1.7, how
> to use them and other 1.8 related docs?
>
> Siddhartha

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...1935...