[Snort-users] ACID + spp_portscan

roman at ...438... roman at ...438...
Thu May 24 14:30:26 EDT 2001

There are many ways to answer your question, but they all come
down do the fact that there is no way current to do this.

- In the extremely near future, ACID could merely ignore
"spp_portscans" in the unique alerts page, and create another
page which merely lists these messages?  Any interest?

- When ACID implements classification and priorities,
spp_portscans could be "faked" into being "probes".  Thus,
the "unique alerts" page can be viewed from the perspective
of alert class

- Snort internals need to be changed so that pre-processor
alerts communitcate in a well-formed manner with
output plugins.  This will eliminate 1-signature per every
portscan.

Roman