[Snort-users] Error in snort start (Duplicate processor keyword)

Neil Dickey neil at ...1633...
Fri May 18 10:21:52 EDT 2001

"Denis Augusto A. de Souza" <denis.souza at ...2049...> wrote asking:

>	I installed the snort 1.7 and I'm using the snort.conf sample
>of snort site. I'm stating the snort program with:
>    snort -Afull -c /etc/snort.conf
>	And the snort send me:
>    --== Initializing Snort ==--
>Initializing Network Interface eth0
>Decoding Ethernet on Interface eth0
>Initializing Preprocessors!
>ERROR (null) (0) => Duplicate preprocessor keyword!
>
>	I don't found this duplicate in my snort.conf file!!!!
>There are a solution for me????

In order for us to help you, you'll have to post the relevant parts
of your snort.conf file for us to look at.

Best regards,

Neil Dickey, Ph.D.
Research Associate/Sysop
Geology Department