[Snort-users] Portscan from own interface

Midnight shadow p.selder at ...2006...
Wed May 16 07:30:31 EDT 2001

> preprocessor http_decode: 80 8080
> preprocessor minfrag: 128

I you snort 1.8 beta xx, so my snort.conf and pre-processor rules are
different.

My pre-processor line from snort.conf looks like this:
preprocessor stream2: timeout 10, ports 21 23 80 110 143, maxbytes 16384

> How can I find out from the "spp_portscan" log message, which ports are
> involved?

I looked in the portscan.log file which is the output from the portscan
pre-processor. The output looks like this:

May 14 11:39:49 x.x.x.x:55537 -> 212.72.39.210:80 SYN ******S*

Thats where I got the idea that my firewall was making a normal connection to
a website or the like.

> Thank you once again.

You're welcome.

Patrick