[Snort-users] Remote location

H D Moore hdm at ...1714...
Tue May 15 12:11:44 EDT 2001

I force Apache to authenticate via Client certificates, restrict to a
specific source address, and require a username/password combo for access to
the ACID interface.  For SSH access, disable password authorization, copy
your public key to the system, restrict access to only specific hosts, and
change the default port to something random.  Disable all other services and
maybe add some ipchains rules for kicks.

-HD