[Snort-users] Boneheaded CVS update question

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... Kevin.Brown at ...1022...
Tue May 15 10:45:29 EDT 2001

Do either "co snort" or "update snort" not both.  If you are checking out the
code to an empty directory then you will get the latest stuff.  If you are
cvs'ing to a previously checked out folder then use "update snort" to update
the files.  Then before you ./configure do a "make distclean" to wipe out the
binaries from the last install and to clean up the directory and make it ready
for a new compilation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Shockley [mailto:steve.shockley at ...1658...]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 23:01
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Boneheaded CVS update question

It seems my CVS doesn't want to update any more.  I used the following
commands to check out Snort:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort co
snort

Then I use

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort
update snort

To do updates.  However, the cvs never finds anything to update; to get
it to actually download, I have to manually delete the CVS-downloaded
files.  What am I doing wrong?