[Snort-users] Call for features requests for SPPv2

Jeff Dell jdell at ...912...
Tue May 15 07:38:54 EDT 2001

I don't know if it has to do with the snort Portscan Preprocessor, ACID or
anything inbetween, but when using ACID you get 3 lines for each portscan
and you don't even get any good info from them. I have to revert back to the
log file to gather any type of information. It sure would be nice to get
this cleaned up.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Mullen [mailto:pmullen at ...245...]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 3:17 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net; snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Call for features requests for SPPv2

The grapevine was properly seeded for me to catch wind that The Big Guy (TM)
wants
a new version of the Snort Portscan Preprocessor out and he wants it
yesterday. ;)

Make your voice heard!  Tell me what you like and don't like about the
current
SPP and what features you feel are lacking.  No request is too large and no
request is too small.  I take all requests and comments!  It doesn't mean
I'll
implement them all, but I do take them...

Just please reply to me directly; feel free to cc: the list if you'd like.
I get
too much mail to too many lists to pore through it all.

Thanks,

~Patrick