[Snort-users] At configure: No such file or directory

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Sun May 13 04:08:49 EDT 2001

H D Moore wrote:

> Hrm, snort may not build on a 2.4 machine.  Try resinstalling 2.2.x kernel
> source, backup your old, compile snort, then switch them out again.

Actually, the 2.4.x upgrade I've probably put off for a while..

"If it's not broke, don't upgrade it"

I've been lurking on the iptables list (which is my main motivation for
moving to 2.4.x anyway), and there are issues..

Thanks for your help; snort is now up and running. Very interesting!

- John

> On Saturday 12 May 2001 08:27 pm, John Sage wrote:
>
>> Actually, I was kinda in the process of putting 2.4.x on, but that got
>> put off a bit until I finish building another user space box, and have
>> nothing but firewall stuff on my firewall box, which is where I was
>> trying to install Snort.
>>
>> H D Moore wrote:

<snipped to conserve bits in preparation for the upcoming shortage>