Slightly OT - Re: [Snort-users] My apologies

Avleen Vig avleen at ...396...
Fri May 11 04:58:44 EDT 2001

> I don't know what happened but the mail I send from outlook gets turned into
> html garbage when I send to this list.  I verified my options in both outlook
> and with sourceforge, so somewhere between the two (maybe the damn exchange
> server) is converting my plain text messages into htmlized junk.

Indeed, it IS your server:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Snort-users] Rules vs performance</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

Recommend you hit your mail admin over the head with a large banana, especially in days of HTML
transfered viruses - if things like this pass, how long until someone finds a way to infect the Exchange
Server's HTML generator?

Hmmmmmmmm possibly time to create a rule that servers are adding this? I dunno <shrug>