[Snort-users] Snort 1.8-beta4 Build 17 coredump

Steve Shockley steve.shockley at ...1658...
Thu May 10 22:35:06 EDT 2001

I'm running (or trying to!) Snort 1.8 Beta 4 Build 17 on OpenBSD
2.9-snapshot (5/10).  I'm mostly running the standard ruleset/config
file, except I've turned on syslog logging.  I used to have it running
on this machine with Snort 1.7 and OpenBSD 2.8-Release, but somewhere
along the way it broke and I didn't have time to fix it.  I've
recompiled Snort and I have the latest CVS update.  Are there any known
issues with this build?  It seems to dump core a few minutes after
starting it, even running it interactively as root.