[Snort-users] Portscan Preprocessor...

Guillaume guillaume at ...1168...
Wed May 9 12:36:30 EDT 2001

Hi all.

Just updated snort from 1.7 to 1.8beta something last week. I used to
log alerts into a MySQL database which schema came with snort tarball.
With 1.7 I saw portscan reports logged into the DB, but now with 1.8 I
do not see anything logged from this preprocessor.
The link to Patrick Mullen homepage seems to be broken and I just
wondered how I have to specify snort to log this preprocessor's result
into the DB. Seems that "preprocessor portscan 4 3 $HOME_NET " does
nothing...

Thanks.

Guillaume.