[Snort-users] RE:Acid

Larry Chuon lchuon at ...125...
Sun May 6 08:26:12 EDT 2001

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to those of you who shed light on me to get snort, acid, and
mysql to work.

I have some questions regarding ACID.

a. Instead of running mysql, I would like to run postgres.  Are there
anything else I have to do besides recompiling snort with appropriate
switches and modify snort.conf file?

b. I look around and see there's a script called "Guardian.pl"  How do I get
this to work if my log are going to the database?  The simplest way is to
log to both a file and db.

c. Some people have two NIC in their snort server. Is it used to bridge two
networks? Or there are other reasons for it?

Once again, thanks in advance for your help.

Larry