[Snort-users] IDScenter - windows GUI front end for Windows Snort

Jerry Shenk jas at ...129...
Thu May 3 11:21:05 EDT 2001

Mine's taking 3 megs now....been up for about 45 minutes.  I'll keep an eye
on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jürgen Nieveler [mailto:Juergen.Nieveler at ...1917...]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 9:51 AM
To: 'Jerry Shenk'; Snort-Users (E-Mail)
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] IDScenter - windows GUI front end for Windows
Snort

> This thing is cool!  For light duty and sites that are pretty
> much NT shops,
> this is a very nice program.  It has everything that Snort has with a
> full-featured GUI front end.  It allows for multiple alert
> options, simple
> setup (if you know snort already, I'm sure that helps).

Tried it only last week... but it seemed to have a memory leak, causing my
NT machine to slow down terribly.
Using snort.panel did work, therefore it can't be a problem of snort or the
rulesets, or the preprocessors...

Did anybody notice the same effect?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Juergen Nieveler
Encrease AG
Team eCommerce
Tel.: +49/241/16008-327
Fax:  +49/241/16008-354
Email: juergen.nieveler at ...1917...
Web: www.encrease.de
PGP:
2AAB A988 0B80 D53F FC53  3BED 8CC0 2092 922D 8378 (DH)
5ADF A15E 91E4 98DB  2391 0D29 8B08 A884 (RSA)
Disclaimer: Views are mine, not my employers'!