[Snort-users] Memory leak

william.c.gercken at ...1971... william.c.gercken at ...1971...
Thu May 3 10:36:44 EDT 2001

I thought the stream2 preprocessor was new as of 1.8.

-bill

                    Erek Adams
                    <erek at ...577...>            To:     Siddhartha Jain <s_i_d_j at ...131...>
                    Sent by:                             cc:     <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                    snort-users-admin at ...635...        Subject:     Re: [Snort-users] Memory leak
                    eforge.net

                    05/03/2001 09:21 AM

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Siddhartha Jain wrote:

> I am running Snort 1.7 on Solaris 2.6/Sparc with
> support for logging to mysql. The thing leaks badly.
> By the end of 3-4 days the box has only 60 MB free RAM
> (out of 1024 MB). What do i need to report for getting
> this resolved?

Lemme guess--You're using the stream2 preprocessor?

Disable it and all will be well.

:)

-----
Erek Adams