[Snort-users] Getting One instance of snort to sniff 2 interfaces

izink at ...1942... izink at ...1942...
Wed May 2 05:33:48 EDT 2001

> izink at ...1942... wrote:
> >
> > Hi Josh,
> >
> > I hope you don't mind me buggin you...
> > I tried the -i any option and it returns to me.. unable to get MTU of
device
> > "Any". not sure what i am missing.. is it something obvious?
> >
> > sincerely
> >
> > Ingo
> > Zink
>
> Please reply all so that your message gets to the snort-users list.
>
> Two thing to keep in mind when using mulitipule interfaces on snort is.
> 1. you need to have the latest libpcap installed.the older libpcap does
> not support interface "any".
> 2. It does'nt work on win32 platforms. Libpcap still does not support
> interface "any" on win32.
>
> --
> |------------------------------------------|
> | SnortSupport                             |
> | Josh at ...155...                  |
> | Silicon Defense - Tech Support for Snort |
> | http://www.silicondefense.com/           |
Ok will do..

I am using the newest Libpcap off of www.tcpdump.org
i have recompiled snort with the new libpcap and i still get the same error
msg.
Cannot get MTU for device "any"
not sure what i am doing wrong.. could someone give me a few pointers?
I am running slackware 7.1 with kernel 2.2.16 and libpcap version 0.6.2
/me is
stumped