[Snort-users] Getting One instance of snort to sniff 2 interfaces

Josh Oshiro josh at ...155...
Wed May 2 12:10:59 EDT 2001

izink at ...1942... wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> I hope you don't mind me buggin you...
> I tried the -i any option and it returns to me.. unable to get MTU of device
> "Any". not sure what i am missing.. is it something obvious?
>
> sincerely
>
> Ingo
> Zink

Please reply all so that your message gets to the snort-users list.

Two thing to keep in mind when using mulitipule interfaces on snort is.
1. you need to have the latest libpcap installed.the older libpcap does
not support interface "any".
2. It does'nt work on win32 platforms. Libpcap still does not support
interface "any" on win32.

--
| SnortSupport                             |