[Snort-users] AOL Instant Messenger signature?

Neil Dickey neil at ...1633...
Tue May 1 16:42:14 EDT 2001

Blake Frantz <blake at ...319...> wrote in response to me:

Thanks for the response.

>AIM allows its users to directly connect to each other and transfer files
>which could introduce malicious code (ie, trojan, worm, etc.) into your
>network.
>
>From a human resource standpoint, if you're employees are using AIM they
>are probably less productive.

Our users are graduate and undergraduate students, primarily.  I expect
this is of serious concern to me -- not from a productivity standpoint
( these are *students* ;-), but because of the possibility of the
introduction of malware to the system.

Best regards,

Neil Dickey, Ph.D.
Research Associate/Sysop