[Snort-users] updating rules through webinterface

Roeland Weve roeland at ...1415...
Fri Mar 30 06:21:31 EST 2001

Howdy,

Maybe it already exists, but I am working on a php (web)interface to
switch rules on or off, to delete, or to add them.
If it's ready, it makes it possible to manage the rules from within the
network.
That's more easier for everybody, because you don't have to ssh or local
log into to the ids machine anymore and to find and edit the rule files.

Another point why I'm making this, is to check if there are new rules.
I have to get the latest version of the rules from the internet and
compare them with the rules on the ids. So, does anybody knows how I
can get the latest rules from the internet?