[Snort-users] Mysql or Postgres?

Umit Oztosun uoztosun at ...1693...
Thu Mar 29 07:38:18 EST 2001

I'm not a database guru either, but as far as I know, it is not just a
preference... MySQL has been written with considering the speed as the
most important requirement. It is really fast, however it lacks some of
the features required by the SQL standard. On the other hand, PostgreSQL
offers more SQL compliance. Considering a IDS view, IMHO, speed is more
important than SQL compliance, so MySQL is preferable as an IDS database
than Postgres, I think. For more information about MySQL and Postgres
benchmarks, visit:

http://www.mysql.com/information/benchmarks.html

Hope this helps a bit...