[Snort-users] NEW db & ACID

roman at ...438... roman at ...438...
Fri Mar 23 13:42:00 EST 2001

With the help of Cornett Wood (cornett at ...1649...) ACID
now supports the Snort rule reference tags.  Download
version 0.9.6b6 from acidlab.sourceforge.net.

Signatures are now always printed as follows:

[reference1] ... [reference-n] <Signature Name>

Where [reference-x] is hyperlinked text like "butraq", "cve",  etc.
pointing to the appropriate link on the site.

Thanks for all those who submitted workaround patches!  What
still remains is a better system to include custom references in
ACID (i.e. how to store the reference URL), and fixing any
signature sorting which broke under this scheme.

Note: the ACID cvs appears to be in an inconsistent state.
I will work on this.

Roman