[Snort-users] Revised log rollover script

___cliff rayman___ cliff at ...1366...
Thu Mar 22 17:00:09 EST 2001

is this for systems that are not equipped with logrotate?

logrotate is a nice program. it compresses, can stop and start
the service which is outputting to the log, allows any number
of rotations, e-mails the logs etc..  just add what you need to
logrotate.conf which has a simple syntax.  normally it is set in the cron
to run once daily.

i think it was originally written by redhat, but i'm pretty sure it
will work on variety of linux/bsd/unix platforms.

--
___cliff rayman___cliff at ...1367...://www.genwax.com/