[Snort-users] Intrusion S/W detection tools?

Patrick Darden darden at ...710...
Wed Mar 21 11:14:14 EST 2001

RPM for some Linux distributions.  Run it from a CD.  Other package
managers will do it as well.

Tripwire is good for any Unix, and NT.  Checks for file manipulations,
dates, times, content, etc.  Encrypts file details in a database so they
can't be manipulated by a hacker.

Nannie is a good open source tool.

--
--Patrick Darden                Internetworking Manager
--                              706.354.3312    darden at ...710...