[Snort-users] 100Mbit Ethernet cards for Linux

Robinson, Ken ken.robinson at ...1563...
Wed Mar 21 08:26:41 EST 2001

HI

Could somebody please recommend (or provide experience) with what cards are
good for snort when using a Linux 2.2 kernel?

I'd come across a reference a while back (I think it was on
www.linhardware.com) that the Intel Pro 100 cards had problems at high data
rates, but I just saw a post here saying that the Intel cards do very well
and that the 3Com cards have problems.   I'm using both cards, but right now
I'm using the 3Com for the sensor and the Intel for the control channel.
Should I swap these?

 Thanks.

----
Ken Robinson