[Snort-users] more snort trouble

Martin Roesch roesch at ...421...
Fri Mar 16 23:31:58 EST 2001

Have you updated your Snort install lately (from CVS, etc)?  If so,
please try a clean build sometimes things go awry if you build new
modules and try to link them to old ones...

FWIW, I'm unable to reproduce this problem on any of my machines (Linux,
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, Tru64).

    -Marty

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... wrote:

> The problem seems to be with the database output plugin.  When I commented it
> out snort started up fine.
>
> > Ok, I just installed snort-daily which is snort 1.7.1 beta 5 and I have no
> > problems using it with vision.rules
> >
> > > I am unable to reproduce this.  Does anyone else see this problem (using
> > > the latest Snort release)?

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...421...
http://www.snort.org